XO Wave is now discontinued
as we prepare to bring you the next generation
Digital Audio Workstation called
This site remains available for anyone who
purchased XO Wave in the past.
However, please keep in mind that as discontinued software:
- This site may not contain up-to-date information.
- Technical support is discontinued, though we will do our best to continue to provide
email support, especially to anyone who purchased recently.
XO Wave: Documentation
Welcome to the XO Wave documentation. XO Wave is straightforward to
use, but there are subtleties to be aware of. Here is information
about the software and how to use it. In addition to this main
documentation, there is also an informal source, the XO Wiki,
where you can find information about late-breaking bugs
and Audio Unit compatibility.
Please note: This is draft documentation. Many
topics are currently missing, and there may be
- Installing XO Wave explains how to
- Our Tutorials can
help you learn your way around.
- Our Recording Tips and Tutorials
are short articles to
help you learn the basics of audio recording, including
how microphone techniques and compression are used in
- Effects are the core of XO Wave. This
section introduces the effects available in XO Wave and
explains how to use them.
- XO Wave Windows is the place to turn
to figure out exactly how something works in a given window.
It's also a good place to learn the finer points of XO Wave.
Note that special "Wizards" are documented in the Wizard
- XO Wave Wizards
documents the Wizards in XO Wave, which are used
for walking you through a specific task, such
as creating a session tailored to mastering
- XO Wave Menus describes
details of features that may not necessarily be associated
with one window or menu option.
- XO Wave Reference describes other
- Technical Notes
offer a variety of useful information
that doesn't fit well into the other sections.
- README files are release notes for
- The XO Wave FAQ provides answers to Frequently Asked
Questions about XO Wave and working with audio in general.
- Our Advanced Documentation Search
can help you find what you are looking for.