XO Wave is now discontinued
as we prepare to bring you the next generation
Digital Audio Workstation called
This site remains available for anyone who
purchased XO Wave in the past.
However, please keep in mind that as discontinued software:
- This site may not contain up-to-date information.
- Technical support is discontinued, though we will do our best to continue to provide
email support, especially to anyone who purchased recently.
XO Wave: Menus
XO Wave has a powerful dynamic menu system. To avoid confusion caused by inappropriate commands, XO Wave's menus automatically reconfigure themselves based on what you're currently doing with XO Wave, presenting only the currently relevant options.
On Mac OS X, there are several additional standard menus, including the Apple menu and any "menu extras" which may be active (such as the clock and Spotlight); system menus are not under XO Wave's control.
- When a dialog box (such as the About box or Preferences window) is the frontmost window:
- Only the application menu is available.
- When no windows are open at all:
- XO Wave offers 7 menus.
- When a normal window is frontmost:
- The Edit menu becomes available (with only two commands: Undo and Redo).
- When a Mix window is frontmost:
- The View menu becomes available, with a single command.
- When an Edit window is frontmost:
- The Time menu becomes available, menu number 10; and the Edit & View menus each gain a variety of additional commands. In addition, the Edit window's Region Bin offers a special purpose popup menu.