XO Wave is now discontinued
as we prepare to bring you the next generation
Digital Audio Workstation called
This site remains available for anyone who
purchased XO Wave in the past.
However, please keep in mind that as discontinued software:
- This site may not contain up-to-date information.
- Technical support is discontinued, though we will do our best to continue to provide
email support, especially to anyone who purchased recently.
XO Wave: Songs 4 Bugs
Found something wrong with XO Wave? Want some free songs? This is the
place for you! The XO Wave team is starting a pilot program
allowing you to report bugs in XO
Wave by following the instructions below. If your bug report
qualifies, we'll thank you for helping improve XO Wave with a
gift certificate for ten free songs at the iTunes Music
In order for your bug report to qualify, it must clearly identify and
describe a significant and previously unknown bug in the current
version of XO Wave running on a supported platform. Judgement of
which bugs are significant is at our sole discretion. As a general
guideline, any unintended behavior in XO Wave is considered a
bug, and if it inhibits your work-flow it is considered significant.
For example, if XO Wave crashes, freezes, displays erroneous
error messages, or stops playing unexpectedly, you've probably
found a significant bug. In general, songs are given for the
first report of a significant bug.
You must report your bugs following the instructions below and we
must be able to reproduce and fix your bug from the information
you give us. You may report as many bugs as you like, as often
as you like. Each bug report will be considered separately.
Although we do not currently have a complete list of known bugs publicly
available, many bugs are listed on the XO Wiki. You may want to check there
to see if your bug is known and whether or not there is a
workaround or other useful information.
How to Report the Bug (and get your songs)
Once you find a qualifying bug in XO Wave, here's what you need to do
to get your songs:
- 1) Report it!
- To be eligible for Songs 4 Bugs, you must:
- Report thebug on our
Songs 4 Bugs Form.
- Explain the problem clearly and succinctly.
- Include enough information for us to diagnose
and reproduce the problem.
- 2) Provide additional information if needed.
- We may ask for clarification via e-mail.
- 3) Get your songs!
- If your bug report qualifies, we will e-mail you
instructions for retrieving your songs at the iTunes
This offer is only valid for bugs reported on our Songs 4 Bugs Form
that meet our criteria. Please do not try and contact us about a
bug you have already reported except via e-mail. We reserve the
right to disqualify any application for any reason, including
applicants who pester us for songs, so please don't do that.
Songs 4 Bugs: FAQ
- Is this a way to get support?
- This is not intended as a way to get support, and if you submit a bug
report here, you probably won't get support. However, if you've
found a new bug, we will try and provide you with a work-around, or
we might even send you a "patched" version of XO Wave to try,
depending on the bug.
If what you really need is support, rather than songs and
please use one of our support
methods, as we may not respond to Songs 4 Bugs reports if it
is not a new issue or we can't reproduce the problem.
- Why are you doing this?
- We have found that feedback from our users has helped us
make a better product, but users don't always provide
all the information we need, so after being inspired by
Bug Bounty program, we decided to thank users for
useful bug reports, to encourage them to help us make XO
- Which versions of XO Wave are eligible?
- Bugs in the latest versions of XO Wave are eligible. This
includes the current versions of XO Wave
Open, XO Wave Free and
XO Wave Pro. If there are
multiple downloads available on the downloads page, the
one with the highest version number is eligible.
- Do I need to buy XO Wave?
- Absolutely not. You are free to download and use XO
Wave Free and XO Wave Open as
long as you want without paying a dime. If you find a
qualifying bug, and submit it, we'll send you ten songs,
just the same as if you paid for XO Wave
- What about my personal information?
- We just need your e-mail address to ask follow-up questions
and to send your gift certificate. Your e-mail will not
be used for further correspondence.
- Can I get anything else, besides iTunes songs?
- No, but we may add other choices in the future.
- How do I get my songs?
- Once we receive and evaluate the bug report, we will send
you a gift certificate via e-mail with instructions for
redeeming the songs.
- What if I don't hear from you?
- We will contact you with your offer. If you don't hear from
us, it either means your bug or bug report did not
qualify, or we simply haven't gotten to it yet.
- Can I submit multiple bugs?
- You can submit as many bugs as you like. Please fill out the
form separately for each bug. You will be eligible for
free songs with each bug submission.
- How long will the offer last?
- That depends. We may change or discontinue it at any time
depending on how well it works.